- Identify cultural and institutional conditions that influence student academic achievement, particularly retention.
- Identify, recommend, and assess best practices.
- Communicate these strategies to the Appalachian community.
The success and persistence of our students is a campus-wide responsibility. Retention and graduation are performance indicators and an index of our effectiveness in teaching and assisting in the personal development of our students. These performance indicators are also utilized by the UNC General Administration in the new performance funding model.
Memberships and Meetings
Student Success Team meetings are held 1:30-3:00pm, usually on the 1st Monday of each month. All meetings will be held in-person and on Zoom.
Meeting dates for the 2021-2022 academic year are:
- September 13 (moved back one week due to Labor Day)
- October 4
- November 1
- December 6
- January 3 (if needed)
- February 7
- March 14 (moved back one week due to spring break)
- April 4
- May 2 (last meeting of the academic year)
2021-2022 Student Success Team Membership
- Miles Britton, Writing Center/Writing Across the Curriculum, email@example.com
- Dr. Daniel Byrd (co-chair), Office of Student Success, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Coffey, Student Veteran Services, email@example.com
- Lee Cope, Student Learning Center, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kendra Craven, University College, email@example.com
- Dr. Kelly Davis, Communication Studies, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kevin Delgado-Valentin, Registrar's Office, email@example.com
- Grace Fortune, College Access Partnerships, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Mark Ginn, Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education, email@example.com
- Ken Johnson, Belk Library, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jimmy Kramer, Case Management, email@example.com
- Dr. Greg Lester (co-chair), Office of Student Success, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clinton Marsh, Advising and Orientation, email@example.com
- Ginny Moench, Institutional Research, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Kim Morton, Office of Transfer Services, email@example.com
- Dr. Gina Ondercin, University Housing, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kyra Patel, Wellness and Prevention Services, email@example.com