- Identify cultural and institutional conditions that influence student academic achievement, particularly retention.
- Identify, recommend, and assess best practices.
- Communicate these strategies to the Appalachian community.
The success and persistence of our students is a campus-wide responsibility. Retention and graduation are performance indicators and an index of our effectiveness in teaching and assisting in the personal development of our students. These performance indicators are also utilized by the UNC General Administration in the new performance funding model.
Memberships and Meetings
Student Success Team meetings are held monthly. Dates for our 2022-2023 meetings are listed below.
2022-2023 Student Success Team Membership
- Monica Barlow, Parent and Family Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Miles Britton, Writing Center/Writing Across the Curriculum, email@example.com
- Dr. Daniel Byrd (co-chair), Office of Student Success, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Megan Kasper, Career Development Center, email@example.com
- Lee Cope, Student Learning Center, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kevin Delgado-Valentin, Registrar's Office, email@example.com
- Grace Fortune, College Access Partnerships, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Mark Ginn, Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education, email@example.com
Meeting Dates (all times are 1:30 to 3:00pm)
Sept. 12, 2022
Oct. 10, 2022
Nov. 7, 2022
Dec. 5, 2022
Feb. 6, 2023
Mar. 6, 2023
Apr. 3, 2023
May 1, 2023
- Ken Johnson, Belk Library, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lamont Sellers, Intercultural Student Affairs email@example.com
- Clinton Marsh, Advising and Orientation, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ginny Moench, Institutional Research, email@example.com
- Dr. Kim Morton, Transfer Admissions & Engagement, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kyra Patel, Wellness and Prevention Services, email@example.com
- Dr. Brooke Powers, Counseling Center, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tara Shumate, Office of Financial Aid, email@example.com