Office of Student Success
238 I.G. Greer
Who We Are
The professional and graduate student staff members of the Office of Student Success are committed to helping the men and women who call themselves Mountaineers get the most from the undergraduate student experience. Whether students are struggling or excelling, these OSS staff members are eager to work directly with students and to collaborate with faculty and staff across colleges, schools, and departments to help students prepare to launch successfully from Appalachian in four years.
- Greg Lester, Ph.D., Executive Director of Academic Advising & Student Success
- Belinda Ballew, M.A., Ed.S., Student Success Coordinator
- Catherine Greene, Graduate Intern (Higher Education)
- Jacob Reeves, Graduate Assistant (College Student Development)
- Marissa Sander, Graduate Assistant (Clinical Mental Health Counseling)
- Samantha Shireman, Graduate Assistant (Experimental Psychology)
- Kaitlyn Thruston, EIT Graduate Assistant (College Student Development)
- Michael Toland, Graduate Assistant (Appropriate Technology)
The Office of Student Success staff members in the above photo are (l-r): Samantha Shireman, Belinda Ballew, Kaitlyn Thruston, Catherine Greene, Marissa Sander, Michael Toland, Greg Lester, and Jake Reeves.