Who We Are
The professional and graduate student staff members of the Office of Student Success are committed to helping the men and women who call themselves Mountaineers get the most from the undergraduate student experience. Whether students are struggling or excelling, these OSS staff members are eager to work directly with students and to collaborate with faculty and staff across colleges, schools, and departments to help students prepare to launch successfully from Appalachian in four years.
- Greg Lester, Ph.D., Executive Director of Academic Advising & Student Success
- Belinda Ballew, M.A., Ed.S., Student Success Coordinator
- Beth Anderson, Graduate Assistant (Clinical Mental Health Counseling)
- Hannah Gilbert, Graduate Assistant (College Student Development)
- Marissa Sander, Graduate Assistant (Clinical Mental Health Counseling)
- Kaitlyn Thruston, EIT Graduate Assistant (College Student Development)
- Michael Toland, Undergraduate Assistant (Sustainable Development)
The Office of Student Success staff members in the photo at top of this page are (l-r): Beth Anderson, Hannah Gilbert, Belinda Ballew, Kaitlyn Thruston, Marissa Sander, and Greg Lester. Not pictured: Michael Toland.